Mercer Wine Estate
2009 Anthem Reserve Red
Red Blend • Estate Vineyard
Washington: Columbia Valley
91 Points ~ Wine Advocate 90 Points ~ Wine Spectator
You are in for a real treat with today’s exceptional Mercer Wine Estate 2009 Anthem Reserve Red, a delicious, elegant and balanced blend of Merlot (64%), Cabernet Sauvignon (21%), Malbec (9%) and Petit Verdot (6%).
Today marks the debut of Mercer Wines Estate on our pages and you can be assured that you’ll be seeing more of them in the future.
This delicious blend is a big wine, with concentrated flavors and a large mouthfeel. The delightful and balanced finish reveals the softer, more elegant side of the wine. Enjoy now - but be sure to cellar a few bottles - as this wine will be good for at least another decade.
We offer you today’s delightful wine with our heartiest recommendation. Cheers!
Dark garnet with a bouncy surface that settles quickly after swirling.
Sweet Bing cherry and tobacco leap from the glass. These lovely notes are followed by dried violet, cherrywood cigar box, cracked pepper and dark tobacco leaf.
Delicious and dark, with pronounced plum, black cherry, bramble, dried fall leaves and dried blackberry. Underneath, flavors of allspice, dried violets and dusty earth.
The sweet fruit tails off first, leading to the more earthy and structured flavors. A gradual dryness moves across the entire palate.
Enjoy this flavorful wine with something equally bold. A garlic rubbed lamb served with rosemary baby baked potatoes would be delightful.
What the Winery Says
2009 Mercer Wine Estate Anthem Reserve Red
- Tasting Notes
- This wine opens with beautiful warm spice and vanilla notes which move into cherries and dark fruits, yielding a long, balanced mouth-feel reminiscent of St. Emillion.
- Cases Made
- 64% Merlot, 21% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Malbec, 6% Petit Verdot
- 91 Points - Wine Advocate
- The estate’s Merlot-dominated Bordeaux blend, the 2009 Anthem is comprised of 64% Merlot, 21% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Malbec and 6% Petit Verdot. Offers loads of black raspberry, licorice, toast, spice and jam to go with an up-front, sweetly fruited and balanced feel on the palate. Rich, concentrated and medium to full-bodied, it will have 10-12 years of total longevity. Drink now through 2022.
- 90 Points - Wine Spectator
About the Winery
We are now into our fourth generation of farming in Washington State’s Horse Heaven Hills. We look back to earlier generations with respect and appreciation for the work they did and the legacy they established. Sustainability and conservation are not new ideas for our family - demonstrated by our history and 1,100 acres of habitat. It is our goal to continue to shepherd this land and lead the next generation proudly in the same direction.